CBD for Depression
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a natural alternative that has been outshining anti-depressants in the lab as well as in our minds. Often times when we think of depression, the word sad comes to mind. but it is so much more than that. Depression is more than just feeling sad, it’s feeling empty, incomplete, worthless, hopeless, and all the other less’s you can think of.
Finally, we have discovered a medicine that helps with your depression and doesn’t change who you are, doesn’t have worse off side-effects, and isn’t a million dollars.
Over 16 million Americans suffer from major depression each year. It is one of the most common disorders that plague this planet. We hear about it often, but what do we really know about it?
What Is Depression?
Depression isn’t an emotion, it is a condition. It is more than just being sad and moping around, though there is plenty of that.Symptoms of Depression
- Excessive hunger or loss of appetite
- Loss of interest in activities you once enjoyed
- Early to wake up or trouble falling asleep
- Mood swings, including sadness
- Feelings of hopelessness, guilt, apathy, and anxiety
- Excessive crying, agitation, irritability or isolation
- Hard to concentrate and slow moving
- Thoughts of suicide
Depression is a whole new world of discomfort that many of us have to face every day. Considering the symptoms, it can be very difficult to escape this reality your brain has created. And the best part about depression is that it comes in many different flavors.
Different Types of DepressionMajor Depressive Disorder
- Symptoms of depression happen every single day for at least two weeks straight
- Can be resolved within months with correct treatment
- Experience the symptoms of depression for most days for at least two years
- Generally doesn’t reach the severity of major depressive episodes
- Having depression symptoms after having a baby for at least two weeks but can last up to a year
- 10-20% of mothers experience Post-Partum Depression
- Having severe symptoms of depression a week before your menstrual cycle
- The symptoms are so severe that they impact the day to day life in a big way like being unable to eat or having emotional episodes
- Depression that comes and goes with the varying levels of sunlight in the fall and winter but not during the spring and summer
- Can be resolved in a few months with correct treatment
Living with depression is literally fatal. You can find yourself at the edge and ready to jump off to escape the nothingness that surrounds you.
Luckily, you are not alone. New research is constantly coming out to help you and your condition, people are finding tips and tricks to cope with your everyday life, and this lonely disease doesn’t have to be so isolated anymore.
But what about when the kind words aren’t enough? What happens when the uplifting twitter posts and helpful blog posts aren’t helping?
Medication in the mental health world can be so very tricky. Even though with new studies relating genetics to anti-depressants, it is still trial and error when finding the right medication.
This would be fine if side effects weren’t things like “gaining weight” and “loss of sexual desire” and “suicidal thoughts”. Things people with depression really don’t need on their plate. This why many people are turning to a safe and more natural alternative, Cannabidiol (CBD).>
Why CBD for Your Depression
If you have depression, you’re tired. Not only from the exhausting day to day life of staying alive, but finding a cure to this disease that has taken control over your life. Maybe you’re on your 6th medication that the doctor has prescribed, maybe you’re on your first, maybe it’s not working. Maybe it’s time to try something new.
CBD is a chemical found in the cannabis plant that has no psychoactive properties but all the good health benefits of cannabis. It interacts with what is called the endocannabinoid system. This system is the regulator of your body, telling it how to behave. This includes regulating your mood and emotional behavior.
In a study that put animal test subjects under stressful situations, they found that CBD has anti-depressant and anti-anxiety effects. Researchers have even suggested that CBD could be a replacement treatment for depression with its ability to quickly reduce symptoms of depression. They have found that the mental effects of CBD can be almost immediate.
That sounds like something someone at the end of their rope can get on board with, right?
Not only do you get your results quickly and safely, they don’t change you. One of the most common complaints about conventional anti-depressants is they make your emotions dull, making you dull. Another complaint is the inability to quit the drug they are prescribed, having to wean themselves off while paying buckets and buckets of money for a pill they are trying to get rid of.
You can quit CBD in one day after months of taking the medication and not have serious physical withdrawals that can send you to the hospital. You won't be itching for some more and it isn’t something you need to invest in for the rest of your life because you are someone who believes in conquering their disorder. And some pills aren’t going to be the thing that holds you back.
If you are ready for a new path that could lead to a healthier you, check out our shop today and find the remedy that suits you best.